BTV Conversion Bludenz
Building Construction General structural engineering
The “Bank für Tirol und Vorarlberg” (BTV) built a new, modern branch in the former “Villa AllerArt” in the centre of Bludenz. Jäger Bau was commissioned with the demolition and restructuring works at the villa, which was built in the late historicist style. The villa was built in 1888 by factory owner Dr. Otto Gassner as a doctor's surgery with apartment. It is located in a prominent position at the edge of the old town of Bludenz. The material to be used in the construction and fittings was of high quality and largely original. Alongside the town centre location and the associated lack of space, the need to handle the largely preserved original fabric with sensitivity posed a particularly acute challenge. Disabled access to the villa is provided in the form of a lift and a ramp. In addition, a subterranean link is being created to the underground car park of the completed residential complex in Werdenbergerstrasse.